Los Trancos Woods Community Association

Minutes of the Meeting of the Board

September 13, 2006, 7:00 p.m.

 

 

Attendees:    Julie Duncan, Linda Drey-Nightingale, Arthur Nielsen, Peri Nielsen, and Jamie Sovereign. Arthur led the meeting.

 

Public Comment: None.

 

Treasurer’s Report: Julie gave the Treasurer’s Report. Arthur requested a check for $150 for the emergency reflector vests he procured for LTW. Julie prepared a check with the Board’s approval.

 

Emergency Preparedness:

 

         Update on CERPP Meeting: Arthur reported that he attended a meeting at CERPP last night to do an audit of all the emergency supplies for the medical kits and replace perishable items (e.g., glucose, saline). Arthur also reported that our kits were fairly complete.

 

Walkie-Talkie Survey: Arthur reported on the survey conducted on August 20 to figure out where the radio dead spots are in LTW. The survey participants covered approximately 50% of the neighborhood, although turnout was low (both in the person and from home). It appears preliminarily that the dead spots correspond with topographies that “dip,” which is not surprising given the “line of sight” technology walkie-talkies employ. When the survey is completed, the Emergency Preparedness team intends to prepare a map showing residents where the dead spots are. The Board also suggested that LTW find a new radio channel since people reported that lower channels seem to be stronger than higher (ours is currently 9-11).

 

The Board also discussed the Emergency Phone Tree, especially trying to find more alternatives for the “Emergency Representative” slots since the best/most reliable communication vehicle in an emergency might be the Phone Tree members. The Board agreed to solicit people to volunteer for these slots at the picnic.

 

Arthur reminded everyone that October 21 is the Wildfire Drill. He will provide a newsletter item. Vista Verde will be scripting some scenario events to which people will have to respond. Linda discussed tactics to get people to participate. Jamie is working on having the Phone Trees completed and ready for distribution by October 21, too.

 

Recycling: Arthur offered to collect all old printer cartridges to benefit the public school in Portola Valley (Ormondale). Linda will add this item in the Newsletter.

 

Picnic: Arthur reported that someone from the Sheriff’s Department would participate in the picnic although he has not received an exact name or time. Arthur offered to be the “MC” for the picnic. There was discussion about setting up for the picnic. Linda volunteered to coordinate that process.

 

Dog Poop: Jamie reported that she was the only person who participated in the Dog Poop Pickup and that all of the dog poop bins still seemed full of plastic bags. Julie, however, reported hearing some positive feedback from visitors.

 

Newsletter: The deadline for articles in the October/November newsletter is September 25.

 

The next LTWCA meeting will be held at 7:00 p.m. on November 8, 2006 at 1074 Los Trancos Road. Arthur will lead that meeting.

 

The meeting was adjourned at 8:00 p.m.

 

Respectfully submitted, Peri Nielsen, LTWCA Secretary.